Join the dynamic team at Stena Line as we embark on an exciting journey for a skilled and motivated Credit Controller! Are you passionate about finance, adept at managing credit risks, and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the financial success of one of the world's leading ferry and travel companies. As a Credit Controller at Stena Line, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth flow of financial transactions, maintaining strong relationships with our valued customers, and upholding the financial integrity of our organization.
If you are ready to bring your expertise to a company committed to innovation and excellence, we invite you to apply and be a vital part of our success story!
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Cooperate and support concerning new customers creditworthiness, payment terms, credit limits
- Monitor risk customers and check available credit information
- Communicate with customers and proactively follow the market
- Communicate with sales due to invoice/payments problems
- Create payment plans as necessary
- Cooperation with AR and Credit Controllers throughout the business concerning failed DD, reminders, and remittance
- Follow up enquiries and claims
- Bad debts risks reporting
- Administration and collection in cooperation with Credit controllers throughout the business
- Project work
What you will experience
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
You will co-ordinate with HR, Crewing and the Vessels to ensure that the data is actioned in a swift and correct manner. Attention to detail is key in this role, as is the ability to work with others in a fast-paced environment ensuring that an exceptionally high level of service and accuracy is provided throughout the business.
- Competitive basic salary dependent on experience
- Flexible Working 37 hours per week FTE
- Fantastic work-life balance, hybrid working (3 day per week in the office)
- 75% Rail discount throughout UK
- Concessionary travel on any route on the Irish Sea/North Sea
- Company pension & life assurance scheme
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Recognition scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great working environment Sea and Shore
- Continuous training, coaching and development within a helpful and encouraging environment with progression opportunities
We believe a hybrid solution between the office and working remotely will create the best environment for us to be creative, productive and find a work-life balance creating magic today and tomorrow.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. You are someone who has a positive and forward-thinking outlook. You are a flexible, multi-tasker who enjoys working with payroll and has a solutions-focused approach. You will be someone who continually strives for ways to work in a smarter manner to ensure that the business continues to evolve. The ability to work as part of a team but also by yourself will be important in this role.
- Knowledge of credit process and customer ledger
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A minimum of 3 years credit control experience, including debt collection is essential
- GCSE’s In Math & English
- Accounting or Financial qualification is desirable
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Holyhead within our Finance Department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than Friday 23rd February, 2024. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Carol Griffiths, Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Stephen Adams, People Support & TA Advisor, Stephen.email@example.com.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,900 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: February, 08, 2024
Category: Economics and Finance
Location: United Kingdom/Ireland, Holyhead
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: March, 22, 2024
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.