Are you an Engineer looking for a great work-life balance with excellent opportunities to develop your skills while using your existing knowledge to support our Irish Sea fleet? Then we have the perfect role for you!
As a Fleet Second Engineer you are responsible to the Master in all respects and are directly accountable to the Chief Engineer for the execution of your duties.
Your tasks as an engineer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a Second Engineer, you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Chief Engineer
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the Chief Engineer in accordance with the vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ship's operating and technical procedures.
- Managing all identified risks to the ship, personnel and environment and establishing appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment, particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and an ability to be hands-on.
What you will experience
Stena Line wants to continue to be a safe, flexible, and attractive employer and have a variety of benefits for the crew. We believe a great work/life balance will create the best environment for us to be creative and productive. By holding your Chief Engineer CoC you are in an excellent position for career advancement.
- Travel expenses and travel time paid
- Concessionary ferry travel throughout the Irish Sea
- Discounted UK and European rail travel
- Company pension & life assurance scheme
- 24 weeks per annum onboard with 28 weeks per annum off (inclusive of 4 rostered weeks annual leave)
- Recognition scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Westfield Health Cash Healthcare plan (access to online GP, cash back from various health and dental treatments, gym memberships)
- Continuous training, coaching, and development within a helpful and encouraging environment with progression opportunities
Who you are
At Stena Line, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. Regardless of your role, welcoming, caring and reliable guides you in your everyday work and the challenges you face.
We believe you are welcoming with an open positive attitude. You should welcome new challenges and use your previous experience to benefit your team.
You are caring; you are a true team player who collaborates well with colleagues and other stakeholders.
We also believe you are reliable; you create results and see through everything you do.
- Chief Engineer Unlimited CoC
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
- High Voltage – Management Level
This is a full-time, permanent position based throughout the Irish Sea Fleet. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than 11th March 2024. Recruitment is ongoing so please do not wait to apply!
Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Alison, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,900 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, all actively supporting the daily business.
Our purpose is to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: February, 26, 2024
Category: Ship Crew
Location: United Kingdom/Ireland,
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: March, 11, 2024
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.