Industrial Relations Manager – Belfast or Birkenhead
Are you a seasoned professional in the field of industrial relations, equipped with the skills to navigate complex employment landscapes and foster positive labour-management relationships? Due to internal promotion, Stena Line is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to join our team as an Industrial Relations Manager.
As the Industrial Relations Manager at Stena Line, you will play a crucial role in shaping and maintaining a harmonious workplace environment, ensuring compliance with laws, and fostering effective communication between the company, our workforce and Trade Unions.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Manage, oversee and review all Industrial Relation issues within geographical areas of responsibility.
- Manage strategic industrial relations projects, including those relating to workforce redesign, ensuring they are managed sensitively and in line with best practice, relevant employment legislation and Company policies to avoid employee relations challenges.
- Manage industrial relations aspects of change programmes, collaborating with operational and support colleagues to ensure people changes are effectively managed and implemented.
- Formulate and own the implementation of Procedural and Recognition Agreements with the recognised trade unions. Establish frameworks for standard collective bargaining agreements where applicable.
- Responsible for pay and other negotiations with the company’s recognised trade unions. Provide market analysis of pay levels in all areas of group activity, either by following established national principles or by international negotiating requirements, for both shore or sea.
- Assume lead in regional negotiations whenever required by local management, or as deemed necessary by Group Management.
- Initiate and lead consultations with the with the company’s recognised trade unions. Actively advise on and/or participate in regional negotiations on industrial relation-issue acting as an internal “expert and consultant”.
- Upskill People, Manning, Payroll and operational colleagues to develop effective local working relationships with employee representatives to ensure compliance with collective and individual employment legislation, regulations and best practice.
- Advise on complex industrial relations issues and keep abreast of the changing legal landscape to ensure these are effectively implemented into company policies and procedures.
- Arrange and lead regular Consultation Committee meetings with the company’s recognised trade unions.
- Provide specialist advice and coaching to managers and employees to implement nationally agreed industrial relations processes and policies, ensuring there is alignment across the organisation.
- Maintain relationships with employee representatives, forums, Works Councils and trade unions in respect of ongoing employment practices and people changes.
- Support the development of CBA-methodology and negotiating practices wherever applicable, in order to facilitate timely handling of issues at hand, causing a minimum of disruption to the business.
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
Who you are
We are looking for a dedicated individual with a strong background in industrial relations and conflict resolution. You will possess a comprehensive understanding of navigating the unique challenges that may arise in a dynamic environment.
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience with Industrial relations with proven track record of working with Trade Unions, Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Be able to travel to multiple sites and be responsible for high level negotiations with Trade Unions.
- Stakeholder management and ability to handle difficult situations
What’s On Offer?
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Concessionary travel on any route on the Irish Sea/North Sea
- Discounted rail travel
- Company pension & life assurance scheme
- A generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Recognition scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great working environment Sea and Shore
- Continuous training, coaching and development within a helpful and encouraging environment with progression opportunities
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Belfast or Birkenhead within People department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than 1st March, 2024. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact David Tinkler, Head of People at email@example.com or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Rebecca Small, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,100 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: February, 02, 2024
Location: United Kingdom/Ireland, Birkenhead
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: March, 01, 2024
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.