Fleet 2nd Officer
Are you our new Fleet 2nd Officer?
Work on the waves and play on the shore! We’re looking for people to come aboard the Stena Line Ferries team and enjoy the benefits of a life less ordinary. Work onboard one of Stena Line’s Roll on Roll off Passenger Ferries operating a daily service on various routes.
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
What will you do?
As a Fleet 2nd officer you are responsible to the Master in all respects and are directly accountable to him for the execution of your duties.
Your tasks as an officer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a 2nd officer you are responsible for:
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ships operating and navigational procedures
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Chief Officer, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and an ability to be hands on
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we like to see use of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm within all aspects of their position, such as actively looking for information and guidance from Senior Officers. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Chief Mates Unlimited COC
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
- Crisis Management, Passenger Safety and Hull Integrity
This is a full-time, permanent position within our deck department on all of our vessels across the Irish Sea Fleet. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Alison MacKay, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focus is on the transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltic Sea. We employ over 5,000 people, the majority working within customer service and sales. At Stena Line we believe everything starts with care. For us it means that we care about our customers, our business, the environment and each other
We want to ensure that our company is a fair and inclusive place to work for. To us, it is paramount that we maintain that discrimination is never acceptable, and we are firmly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability. Join us on our journey!
Published: May, 25, 2023
Category: Ship Crew
Location: United Kingdom/Ireland,
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: June, 12, 2023
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.
Our sustainability strategy
Our commitment to sustainability is centred around five focus areas linked to the UN Global Goals which are directly related to our business.
The Crew Code
Here at Stena Line, we are all part of the same crew. We might not work on the same ship or even at sea, but we are all still family
Women in Maritime
Did you know that only 2 % of all people working within shipping are women? At the same time studies show that gender equal companies make more money, is better at keeping talent and show more innovation and creativity.