Category Manager – Indirect Material
Do you want to be a part of our Procurement transformation journey?
As a Category Manager, your mission will be to manage assigned categories to create highest value, quality and reliability by working closely with key stakeholders and lead cross functional sourcing activities to meet Stena Line requirements.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Analyze current conditions and spend data in categories to identify activities for improvement of TCO e.g. supplier consolidation, optimization of specifications and assortment, low cost country sourcing etc.
- Develop and maintain strong category strategies
- Identify, propose, develop and lead category cost reduction projects to meet business requirements
- Negotiate and settle contracts / frame agreements
- Secure long term development of the supply base
- Implement and follow up of the category actions and results
- Monitor and advise on market conditions, which represent risk or opportunity to Stena Line with regard to commercial, legal, quality and environmental conditions
- Manage commercial relationships with suppliers
- Support the organization when there is a need for a purchase; compare offers, negotiate, evaluate and approve suppliers, together with stakeholder evaluate the product/service
What you will experience
You will be a part of our Procurement team, where we together handle the procurement for the Stena Line Group. We make sure that we share our knowledge and experience to create the best value for the organization. You will experience a fast-paced, but thrilling environment, collaborating with the team and other stakeholders in our different regions.
As a Stena Line employee in Sweden, we offer you an additional benefits package consisting of travel discounts, health allowance, well-being activities, access to a benefits portal, and much more.
We believe a hybrid solution between the office and working remotely will create the best environment for us to be creative, productive and find a work-life balance creating magic today and tomorrow.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. Regardless of your role, welcoming, caring and reliable guides you in your everyday work and the challenges you face.
We believe you are welcoming; with an open and “yes we can” mentality. You are enthusiastic and welcome new challenges that come your way. You are caring; a true team player who transfer knowledge and experience to other team members in order to maximize team performance. You find it easy collaborate with other stakeholders outside the company as well. We also believe you are reliable and self-motivated; you take responsibility and create results in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical or Economic university degree
- Several years of experience in leading strategic sourcing activities/projects
- A demonstrated ability to analyze category spend data, lead the identification and selection of strategic sourcing partners, structuring of contracts and supplier relationships
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in both English and Swedish
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Procurement department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than September 30th, 2023. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Joakim Rönnäng, Head of Group Procurement at firstname.lastname@example.org or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Frida Berntsson, Talent Acquisition Partner, email@example.com.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,900 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: September, 07, 2023
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: September, 30, 2023
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.