What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we look for people who welcome new challenges as well as sharing previous knowledge whilst working as part of a team. We are looking for an experienced Second Officer who is competent. Someone who is comfortable being self-dependent and keen also to be part of a small hard working& dedicated deck team.
- As a Second officer you are responsible to the master in all respects and are directly accountable to him for the execution of your duties.
- Your tasks as an officer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a 2nd officer you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Chief mate/master
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessels emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the vessels planned maintenance system
- Being familiar with the ships operating and navigational procedures
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel, and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Chief Officer, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and ability to be hands on.
Qualifications and experience:
- Chief Officer (unlimited) COC
- Passenger vessel experience is preferred but not essential. On job training will be provided.
We are looking for a reliable leader to take responsibility within a well organized innovative and safety conscious organisation.
This is a full-time, permanent position within our deck department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than 9th June 2023. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Alison MacKay, Talent Acquisition Partner, at email@example.com.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.