Are you our new Assistant Bosun?
Work on the waves and play on the shore! We’re looking for people to come aboard the Stena Line Ferries team and enjoy the benefits of a life less ordinary. Work onboard one of Stena Line’s Roll on Roll off Passenger Ferries operating a daily service on various routes.
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we look for people who welcome new challenges as well as sharing previous knowledge whilst working as part of a team. We are looking for an experienced Able Seaman who is competent. Someone who is comfortable being self-dependent and keen also to be part of a small hard working& dedicated deck team.
- The Assistant Bosun is directly responsible to the Bosun and is responsible for the day to day upkeep and maintenance of the Deck Department and leads the Deck ratings by supervising and apportioning jobs amongst them.
- Assists in the safe and efficient completion of the duties required by the Chief Officer's standing Work Routines, planned maintenance jobs and operational duties, mooring/unmooring, loading/unloading, marshalling of traffic, securing/unlashing of vehicles and general maintenance to the parts of the vessel managed by the Chief Officer including cleaning and painting.
- Assists in the maintenance of all firefighting, safety and lifesaving equipment.
- Acts according to his responsibility of the vessel`s safety organization.
- Compliance with the Company`s Safety, Health and Environmental Policy and motivation of deck crew towards safety awareness
- Compliance with Company procedures, instructions and manufacturers recommendations for maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain and report in accordance with the vessel planned maintenance system.
- Responsible for the control and distribution of all deck stores and paints including.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the Docmap system.
Qualifications and experience:
- STCW basic training
- Able Seaman CoC A-II/5
- Passenger vessel experience is preferred but not essential.
- We are looking for someone with the right attitude to learn new things and improve themselves within a well organized innovative and safety conscious organisation.
This is a full-time, permanent position within our deck department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible. We are actively recruiting for this position so please do not hesistate to apply! Kindly note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Alison MacKay, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,100 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.